Saturday 12 February 2011

I really don’t understand Formspring. Well I mean I understand it but I don’t see the attraction. An opportunity for people to ask questions. Surely if you’re friends wanted to know something they could just ask you in person. It seems more an opportunity to anonymously insult people so really getting one is like painting a target on yourself. And then occasionally people anonymously ask really deep or really personal questions and since it’s clearly not someone close to you I’d find myself saying “Stop being a nosy twat and GTFO”.


But then the curiosity of exactly what would some people ask if given the chance to anonymously is an enticing one so maybe that’s why they do it. To see exactly what people would say to them if given the chance. Hmmm..... I guess I am kind of curious.


It became known to be today my blog has a shockingly low number of readers. I’m not sure it bothers me since I’ve always written more for myself than for others. But I would like to know if its a case of people not caring what I have to say or simply that they don't know I even have a blog. I've never really advertised it much so maybe thats it.

Not else to talk about really - Valentines Day. I guess its like marmite - you either love it or you hate it. I can appreciate hating it when your single, but I think a lot of people forget; its about celebrating love. No one specifically said romantic love. Granted its become more of that, but I think people should generally celebrate love in friendships rather then get down about being single. It's a bit of a grey area for me. I've always loved Valentines Day - when I was younger a day devoted entirely to celebrating love seemed so romantic - I would swoon and wait for the day when I had someone to celebrate with. Now I'm older and in love, I still enjoy it - presents, going out for a meal, being all loved up. Who wouldn't enjoy that. But I think also, because I'm in love, I think its not something you should devote one day of the year to celebrating. Its something worth smiling about everyday, being in love, and having that love returned. Cliche soppyness? Perhaps, I am a hopeless romantic. But that feeling ultimately is what makes you the most happy; that someone who was a stranger becomes your reason for living, like the air you breathe you need them. You had a long life before them but its all a haze because you find yourself thinking how did I live before this?
How can you live when part of your soul was missing?

I'm waffling on now I think. I could talk romance all night. Forever. But I won't bore you. So, Happy Valentines Day to all my readers - I hope that you all find love somewhere, even if it's not necessarily the romantic kind. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment