Thursday 10 February 2011

Had a shoot with the lovely Viliam yesterday. Makeup - you say it to a guy and they shrug, you say it to most girls and you'll get some "Oh my gawrsh I love makeup have you tried this new lippy its fit, look at my nail varnish". etc.etc.

But I think I'm growing a certain amount of respect for it. It does have massive power to completely change the way you look. Its like surgery without the price tag.


If you're talented enough you can create any look - and make someone - anyone - feel fantastic about themselves.

I think aside from this photo on the left, a massively brilliant example of this is http://www.celebritieswithoutmakeup.net/

A website dedicated entirely to showing actually just how non-special and normal and often sometimes actually quite ugly celebrities look without makeup.

I'm not saying everyone looks ugly without makeup and some people are probably going to start calling me shallow or something now, but it's more about actually taking a minute to appreciate just what makeup can do!

I'll get off makeup now. Plan 9 are recording today. I'm really pleased, it's been almost a year since they got together now with countless people asking to hear proper recordings. I've had to make do with videos off my camera at gigs which aren't always fantastic. Once we get these, I forsee a much brighter future for them :)


Right I'm off - dissertations to do! Thailand is ever-looming now so I really need to get myself together and get my work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment