Monday 30 April 2012

I've spent the last two nights looking at old photos. Everything from baby pictures, to dodgy haircuts of youth, to awkward young teen poses; to discovering alcohol and the start of 'drunk photos'. Some of them hold incredibly fond memories. At the age of 15-18 I took my camera everywhere and documented every day out, night out, everything. Despite my status with some of the people in those pictures now; they still make me smile, because at the time, I was happy. I was laughing. I have good memories.

It makes me smile that some people in the background of my photos, who at that time were strangers, now are so important to me. It makes me smile looking at photos of me and Jake before we were dating; thinking back to how we where then, and where we've ended up.

I think the point I'm making is that photos are good; and honestly, it makes me quite sad that I don't take as many pictures these days. There's plenty of 'Ohh look what I bought, look how cute my bunny is being or look what I'm having for dinner, yum' - but looking back at those pictures; they hardly hold a memory. A fondness.

So from now on I vow to be snap happy. I don't care if it's going to annoy everyone at the time; because ultimately, everyone is going to look back. They're going to smile. They're going to laugh at what they were wearing, how there hair was. They're going to remember what was going on at that exact moment in time - and it's going to hopefully, make them happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment