Sunday 22 April 2012

The days are starting to blend at the moment. Life has become a monotonous cycle of working throughout the week and finding myself too exhausted to do anything; followed by trying to pack as much into a weekend as possible while getting up to date with all the housework I've been too tired to do during the week. Or in other words; according to my mum; "Life from now on."

So what's going on in life from now on. My last blog I discussed the decision about moving to Canada. I was still torn over it but the deadline came and I made a tough decision. It would have been wonderful. Beautiful location; a fantastic job opportunity. A chance for a fresh start. But things are a bit of a mess here. The sort of problems you can't run away and hide from. Packing up a tangled and messy life and moving somewhere new would mean starting a new life tangled and messy. I want to iron out the creases before I can start again.


The job is going; better. I still miss my old work and the people but I feel I'm settling a bit better; finding my feet a bit more. There's more potential with this job to climb the HR ladder and I've been told in a year I could be looking at a HR Manager title; with the added bonus of moving over to the Liverpool side. I'm not going to start getting hyped because like I said, that's a year from now, and a lot can change in a year.

A lot has changed. This time last year I was sitting my final exams; it seems like not that long ago, and at the same time, seems like a lifetime ago. The people are different too. I've drifted from those I was closest too then; some partially distant, uni friends moving back home, others, it just sort of happened. I'm having a uni reunion in May which I'm really excited for because a select few of that lot I really do bloody miss. I've got closer to people too though; people who were in my life then, and are in it more now; and I'm glad. I'm lucky to know some amazing people. I'd especially like to give massive kudos to the lads I've spent the last few weekends with.


Anyway, I know the blogs lately have been kind of dull and slow - but hey, that's life at the moment ha. May is bringing a few exciting things; uni reunion and of course, the holiday - so things will hopefully, be a bit of a better read from here on. I'm also taking steps on sorting my life out; part of it is dull - joining the gym and doing sports... bleurgh... but I want to sort my fitness levels out and tone up; and laser eye surgery to stop blindness. But part of it is pretty exciting. I won't say much for now, but well, keep watching this space :)


No comments:

Post a Comment