Monday 2 April 2012

I figured I'd write one last blog today; my last blog as a 21 year old. What a year it's been. I won't do a big reminisce but if you know me, you'll know it's been a busy year. Hell it's been a busy last few weeks. I said I'd update you on everything properly soon so here we are:

Starting with work. Friday was my last day of work with the Five Boroughs Partnership NHS team. I arrived into work to find a gorgeous bunch of flowers sitting on my desk. From there it only got better, we had cakes and spent most of the day reminiscing. By the time 3pm rolled around we were called in for a meeting; which ended with everyone presenting me with a card, a bottle of wine, and an £80 Pets At Home voucher for a hutch and a rabbit. By this time I was fighting tears. Not to say I was expecting anything; but at most - it had been, a bottle of wine, or the flowers. Not even both of those. But I really hadn't been expecting that much. Following our meeting we were dismissed and we all headed out for drinks. I'm going to miss my team so much. They were, and still remain, some of the nicest people I've ever met. I guess the fact we got on so well, really clicked, kind of had given me this security I'd be working with them for a long time. Sort of a; 'meant to be' complex. But oh well, I'm grateful for the time I had with them and I really hope we can still keep in touch.


Rabbits. Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows I love bunnies. I've been wanting to get another one for ages but waiting on a cage. But voucher in hand we went down to the pet store, got a cage and a little black ball of fur who I have named Valentine. (I think you need to know about my passion for FFVII to get that reference.) At the pet shop a different bunny caught Jake's eye, a bigger silvery white one.  The cage is big enough for them both and I suppose it's nice to give them company so we ended up heading home with two bunnies instead of the one. It's made me so happy. Just doing day to day things like sitting watching telly but having something to cuddle and give you affection. It puts a smile on my face. I think it's what I've needed for a long time something to look after and now I have just that.


What else has been going on? Well, job hunting. I covered this in the last blog. My decision still isn't made from then. But I'll be making it tomorrow. I've had an interview for the job and it's been left on very good terms. Tomorrow there are a few - 'formalities' but I'm quite hopeful. Plus it's my birthday so I'm hoping it will turn out lucky for me. Canada decision is still unmade due to unforseen complications, not to mention now having rabbits. But I always say, everything happens for a reason. In the meantime I've been doing quite a bit of modelling. The one benefit of not having work is you have time for shoots. Agency work is quite busy at the moment; lots of places wanting adverts for new summer things so that's kept me going. I did my first body paint shoot last week too. An experience to say the least. Being covered head to toe in black paint - it was bizarre. It kind of felt like a costume. It was definitely an alter-ego for me. The pictures so far look good though, very freaky but quite powerful. It's  something a bit different for my portfolio anyway.

Not much else going on. The holiday is creeping up on us; a week in Turkey with Jake and friends. I'm excited for that. I've never been away with friend before as such so should be an experience. The holiday shopping has started - but it has however left me with one dilemna. Monokinis. I really like them. I might get one for the upcoming holiday - but does it leave with some seriously dodgy tan lines? Answers please.

1 comment:

  1. The last holiday I went on abroad I got one. It's really nice but I understand the tan lines issue. Thing is, I don't allow myself to tan haha, so no bother for me there! :P

    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete