Monday 24 October 2011

A little opening note about tattoos. I can't get my head around, when in this day and age, with the massive amount of incredibly talented artists, readily available in numerous locations in towns and cities across the country for perfectly reasonable prices; that appalling bad tattoos that keep cropping up. My Facebook news feed is full of them. Are you getting your tattoos from blind men? Or artists (and I'm using that term lightly) that have Parkinsons? Seriously people, fork out and pay the extra little bit - its on your forever, you'll pay £70 for a pair of heels you'll wear a dozen times, but you won't pay the same for something on your body for the rest of your life? Seriously, what the fuck?

And if you're one of the people on my Facebook reading this knowing you've posted your crap tattoo up recently and want to get offended, go nuts. I look forward to hearing your side of the argument.

Right, got that off my chest. Now - life and shiz. It's good I guess. A lot, lot better than it has been. My health is returning. I've still got the hernia but its so much better, just limited on heavy lifting, which suits me fine anyway. Work is returning to normally, crazy busy, lots of interviews but rather be busy than jobless. I think the biggest change has been mentally. I was down in the dumps and I was boring myself being miserable all the time, never mind the people around me. I'm just trying to be positive.

In between that trying to get back into the swing of my old life, I've missed people so much recently, and while I've saved a fortune not going out much, I think I'd rather have the company than the money. I've seen a fair bit of Charl which is lovely; though it does make me miss the flat more. She just got a bunny, and she's gorgeous. I forgot how happy the rabbits used to make me, simple things like stroking a rabbit is such a pick-me-up. I spent Sunday playing with Chip and near enough constantly going 'Awwww' at her sheer adorableness. Halloween is fast approaching and I'm excited to see everyone then too. I'm still having costume stresses - for the first time since having my hair cut I'm finding it a little frustrating. There isn't much that suits this hair costume wise. I was going to do Alice in Wonderland but short of wearing a wig I would just look odd. I'm sure I'll come up with something in time, even if I have to reuse one of my many old costumes.

On the topic of hair I got a handful of pics back from my Hooka shoot. Not my favs - I miss Viliam as a makeup artist (nevermind full stop). But makeup wise no one I've worked with even compares, even on proper editorial shoots.

Finally a little note about my course. As you probably know I work in HR at the moment. And yeah; dramas aside I really enjoy it. Without bragging, I'm pretty good at it, it comes quite easy to me. Admittedly I have a fantastic team who are just nice people to be around, that always helps. I've been doing interviews a lot lately though. There's a big review process going on in the NHS which means lots of people are at risk from cutbacks.etc so we're reinterviewing them all for the right to stay in the job they're doing. It's a horrible process and I feel for them; but doing the Mental Health interviews more than anything has made me pine for it. Hearing all these counsellors and therapists talk about what a kick they get out of their job, I realise its what I'm still longing for. So I spoke to the head of service for advice; and this is what brought EMDR into my life.

EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. In a rather small nutshell, its about taking  a memory; usually a trauma of sorts, and relocating where its stored within the brain so it's not triggered as frequently. Putting it lightly, its moving it to the back of your mind. You maintain the memory, you just don't think about it as much. It's a fairly recent therapy, but so far its success with things like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder have been amazing. In a few years it could be the number one treatment for it. So I've been advised to study EMDR - it might give me an edge over competitors, especially when it gets popular. Aside from that I just think its fascinating, and if it can help people then even better. I can't wait to start.

Incase I don't write for a while; Happy Halloween everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment