Sunday 16 October 2011

I like PostSecret. Sometimes it can be a little depressing. Last week much of it was about affairs or being in love with the wrong person which wasn't that great. Stuff like that always makes me sad, I guess being a romantic I always want to think of love positively. But anyway, more often and not the secrets and sweet or amusing; or something you can really relate to. For me, it was this one this week that made me smile.


When you ask someone to describe beauty; you'll probably get the 'girl with the full lips, doe eyes, shiny flowing hair and curves in all the right places'. Some people will say beauty is scenery, a sunset or a field of flowers; and yes, these things are beautiful. 

But to me something I will never, ever forget, as being possible the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, is the look on Jake's face after the first night we spent together. He was smiling; his mouth only slightly upturned but his eyes absolutely dancing, with creases all around them. The same lines he gets when he laughs, and that will always remind me, it always makes me happy seeing it, because it reminds me of that face. That's what this Postsecret reminded me of, and its but me on a little high for the evening. 'The Simple Things' 

Things are a lot better, I think. Work; the situation hasn't been resolved as such but more removed. If only temporarily; it's still nice to get away from it all. Health-wise I've been a bit better, healing processes are slow but moving none the less. I am pining for life to move forward. I feel a little grounded where we're living now and I want nothing more to get our house and start our life properly. 

I got my hair done for Hooka Hair's Autumn/Winter 2011 look. When I arrived, they asked me do I want the autumn look or the winter one. Intrigued I asked what they meant. Colour wise autumn was browns, oranges, reds. Winter was white and silver. Now in terms of visually on a model, white and silver looked amazing. But I thought about outside of modelling. On the street a 21 year old rocking silver/white hair would look weird. Only Final Fantasy villains can pull that off at my age. 
So here we are; I don't have the official shots yet but the colours I'm rather quite fond of. I wasn't big on the make up. It was too OTT. I know the that probably visually it looked quite dramatic which makes for a good picture. The length I'm really getting used to. It's so much easier than having long hair (boys have it so easy). I will go back eventually, I can see myself growing to miss long hair, but for now I'm happy being short. 

Next on the agenda is Halloween. I said last time I wrote about not having plans yet. But I've managed to wrangle together a venue for a party. Now I just need to sort a costume; which is proving difficult. Costume shops these days rip you off. A decent costume sets you back £40 minimum. I could probably make something on my own I'm just lacking inspiration somewhat. Fingers crossed it'll come to me in time.

Everything else is fairly quiet. I'm driving again. Insurance has raped me, a £1500 quote being the lowest came as something of a shock but I didn't really have a choice, and fingers crossed it will be worth it. I should save money on public transport, or more likely, taxis. It will make work a lot easier, I had to do a three mile walk the other day through Warrington on account of not having my car. I'll have more freedom for things like Photoshoots; and I can taxi Jake and his equipment too and from gigs and band practices which will save us a fortune. 

Things to look forward to: Halloween, Alice in Wonderland VIP at The Tate, Glenn Hughes gig, Christmas? 

But most importantly, inching closer to the dream :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment