Tuesday 10 May 2011

Taking a break from cleaning to write a little bit. I haven’t posted in a while. This is primarily due to the fact I’ve been up to my eyeballs university exams. Most people who know me will know I get stressed quite easily so having exams that my degree well and truly depended on meant I was snapping at people like a menopausal crocodile. However, exams are now finished, and I am free. I don’t think it’s really hit me yet. I keep going out and then my mind is like... ‘Shouldn’t you be revising?’ Well no, fuck you mind, I shouldn’t.



Now I’m just counting down the days until 15th July when I graduate officially and become Sally Davies BSc(Hons) Psychology and Biology.

So what else has been going on? I got a job as a writer working for Elite Online Magazine. Obviously I love writing so the opportunity to get it published is a great personal achievement. Plus it’s got my foot in the door to similar work now. At the moment I’m doing music reviews so if there are any bands out there who want to be interviewed/reviewed let me know. My latest article on Crosby Music Festival is available here: http://eliteonlinemagazine.com/

Modelling is going fairly well too, am taking part in Liverpool Fashion Week. Catwalk modelling isn’t really my forte, I’m far too clumsy – I’m that model who trips, steps on someone else’s dress or is so busy concentrating on not tripping she walks straight off the end of the catwalk. But oh well, it will be a laugh, and good experience. I've got some interesting shoots in the pipeline too so looking forward to starting them. On the negative side someone once again went round reporting harmless pictures as offensive so I'd decided to make a Facebook page; if people could add that and share I'd be very appreciative. https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Sally-Davies-Model/209937932363383

Ok I'll stop advertising/promoting now. I've kind of run out of things to talk about now anyway. Life is good, and for once seemingly drama free. It's nice to relax, enjoy the people around me's company without worrying about something else to do. I shall try and update this a bit more now uni isn't in the picture, and make it more interesting. But until then, off to clean like a good little housewife - life's current biggest drama is the pile of laundry and what carpet shampoo will get this pesky cocktail stain out the carpet!


No comments:

Post a Comment