Tuesday 31 May 2011

One Big Advert

I’ve spent the last few weeks since finishing uni applying to job after job, sitting round, wandering round town aimlessly; and now I’ve hit breaking point. I physically can’t work out how people stay like this by choice. People who choose to sit in, not actively seeking jobs just being content with their weekly dole money. It’s killing me already. I very nearly resorted to watching Jeremy Kyle but promptly switched over when I saw this .... I want to say girl? ... *shudder*



Perhaps the worst thing is going for a job interview last week for an absolutely perfect job. Working in Psychology research field alongside a doctor who held particular interested in Health Psychology. The interview went fantastically, we talked about my dissertation, he even seemed interested in using it as a pilot study. We talked about his research and it all really did sound fascinating, he wasn’t working on anything dull. Then as the interview was drawing to a close and I was ready to leave feeling immensely positive, I got asked for sexual favours by the creep. Unfortunately it wasn’t an ill-timed joke on his part either. So now I’m back to square one, except I’ll probably be attending any new interviews more nervous than I would have been previously.

There are a few benefits from this period of nothing-ness. The first, I’ve got alot closer to a friend whose in exactly the same boat. As crap as our situation is, it’s a nice connection we have and I always like feeling closer to people.

But the main benefit is motivation. After three weeks of lying around, I’ve snapped up and am ready to jump in.



So modelling books are now 100% open. I normally only book in a few shoots every now and then but I’m getting out there and having more fun with it. I’m going to be doing some very cool shoots soon including pieces for FRONT and Elite magazine so if you want to keep up with my work add the page. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Sally-Davies-Model/209937932363383


On a similar note I’m looking for models; 4 females and 2 males for TFP on location shoots. You don’t have to have experience, be massively tall or skinny. All shapes and sizes are welcome and to be honest the more variety the better. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who would be interested; either message me on Facebook, text me, write on my page wall. Anything. This is the photographer involved in the project and (without the obvious bias) he is brilliant at what he does; and you will get some fantastic pictures from it to do whatever you like with. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Ron-Davies-Photography/119535841442535 On a similar note if anyone wants other services; weddings, photoretouching.etc – then check the page out.

I’m going to try and put a lot of work into Jake’s band too. My first purchase when I eventually come into money is going to be a DSLR camera. I want proper pictures from their gigs. Too many people have turned around to me and said “Why are these guys not gigging in town/been signed/got an EP”. And it’s true, all of them are so damn talented and when you look at some of the bands out there that are making it – their stuff is actually appaulling compared to Plan 9. They just need some more tracks (which they're working on) and more promotion (which I'm working on). Until then, show your support and spread the word I guess!

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Plan-9/174484499235602


My CV writing plan is going fairly well actually. The site I’ve made up for it has had more total views in a month than this blog (which has been going for a few years). The site needs a lot more work which is going to be added to my list of things to get done. But I think it could be a real hit, the prices are guaranteed the lowest and I still have got 100% success rate of getting to at least the interview stage. So if anyone’s interested, or knows anyone struggling, send them over. http://thecvwriter.blogspot.com/
Jesus this blog is just one big advert. Sorry guys.... "Sally Davies, model, model scout, groupie and writer." And hopefully by this time next week, BSc Hons Psychology and Biology. Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment