Friday 18 March 2011

I’m blogging simply because I feel guilty not doing ‘actual work’ right now so at least writing is more productive than randomly browsing on Facebook... kinda. So life.... actually life right now is amazing. It’s seems odd to say normally my writing is littered with drama and general whiny shit... vagina waffle as seems to be the term my readers are familiar with. But no, for once things are going along smoothly. Literally like a jigsaw, all the pieces are fitting together and its just relief.... the people, the things, everything, I'm like aaaaahhhh :)


Our new flatmate moved in this week and it’s so nice. Just living with an adult ... it’s, refreshing. It’s weird though actually sitting down and talking about each other’s pasts, the amount of mutual friends of just things in common from the past, it’s like everything is interlaced. I’m quite a big believer in signs. I don’t mean in a sort of paranoid, every single thing that happens is a massive sign, but just more like big coincidences aren’t really coincidence, everything happens for a reason – and I have a feeling things will work out wonderfully from here.

Yesterday was Jake’s birthday. Once again it proved my theory of plans. I had planned to make perfect little cupcakes for the occasion but due to disaster in the kitchen they failed and turned out, not great. The card I ordered never came in the post despite being ordered days and days earlier, and then we couldn’t get his present in town because credit systems are retarded, so he was massively bummed out. And the final icing on the birthday cake of fail the announcement some people Jake didn’t want to see, and I realllyyy didn’t want to see, had invited themselves to the evening do. So we set off and I had massively low expectations that the night wouldn’t go as hoped. Turns out, I had a great night. The people not wanted didn’t end up showing, Plan 9 played wonderfully, and everyone was too drunk to notice the cupcakes weren’t my best. And the icing on this birthday cake of win, I managed to get Jake’s present today instead.

Uni work has been a massive stress for me the past few weeks rushing to get everything done before the deadline that is flying out to Thailand – but somehow I’ve managed it. I only have my counselling skills tape which I’ll be doing tomorrow; and my actual final dissertation once I get my draft back. Truth be told though I was really happy with the draft so I don’t think I’ll have much to change. All my shopping is done for Thailand, and I’m remarkably chilled. Better still my exam timetable came through and for once I’ve not been screwed over by university, my exams are nicely spread out so I’m not too worried about have to cram revision for them while I’m away.

And yes, that’s the final piece of the jigsaw, Thailand. It was three years ago I stood in the station begging Jake not to leave me and go, I couldn’t bare to be away from him for two weeks, that was at the beginning of ‘us’. And now, three years on we’re packing our bags ready to leave together. I realise I’ve become one of those annoying people who obsesses about their holiday – sorry folks. (Just wait til I get back and you have to hear how good it was, that will be more annoying!)

Anyway I'm going to play some PS3, I've decided no work is getting done tonight, might aswell play some games, the new Batman game incidently, looks amazing. It's weird I'm not even like a massive Batman fan - I always kind of figured he's not a 'real' superhero since he has no powers and just a really good tech guy. He's like a vigilante James Bond. BUT I loved Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City looks just as good.

Oh, and jelly babies vodka... future ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment