Sunday 10 April 2011

I’ve been back in England a day.... exactly 24 hours; and already I feel stressed and sick. University is getting me down, the results from recent assignments aren’t fantastic, they’re dragging my whole average down and at this point I think getting a 2:1 might be a struggle. Never mind a 1st. Not to mention the fact I still don’t know what I want to do afterwards. Nothing appeals to me other than Counselling but then that’s just too much extra time in education.




Thailand was outstanding. It’s just a different world out there, a parallel universe, that I loved. And I felt, healthy over there. No back pain, no feeling sick all the time. I felt a little tired but I put that down to jetlag and activity filled days. I just felt generally better in myself though. I didn’t even faint with the heat which is a massive positive to me; it was something I’d been worrying about for a while prior to going. Got a nice colour, my nails grew miraculously fast. I just felt good. So much so it’s becoming a possible option that I’m really considering going there more permanently. Condo’s and houses are cheap enough that in reality I could afford one after a year’s work. I’m not sure exactly what I’d do over there, maybe teach English. If I learnt Thai I could probably easily open my own counselling practice. I could definitely do my writing there, I think the place would be inspiring. Where better to write a novel than a white sandy beach with palm trees overlooking an expanse of turquoise. I know as well, before we met up it was Jake’s plan anyway, so he wouldn’t object. The only people I can think of who would are my parents, but nothings new there.

Anyway I need to go back to revision now, *sigh* ... I miss relaxed, laid-back paradise. I will do a proper Thailand blog later though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment