Saturday 1 September 2012

I've been saying for a while I wanted to do something for charity - bigger than selling cakes, I'm not a fantastic runner, and my broken neck prevents throwing myself form a plane (for now). A few years back I tried to organise a Help For Heroes calender but for several reasons it flopped. I've learned from the mistakes, and I'd love to do that again but have it work this time.

The twist; sex sells yes. But I think comedy has a greater appeal.

Then watching Britain and Ireland's next top model gave me idea. The shoot was channelling your inner male.   Yes okay the styling here is expensive and it's all very editorial. But it wasn't a bad idea - dressing like a guy. Then I thought about all the guys who told me last time they'd like to be involved. My mental image wasn't the immediate one of Calvin Klein underwear models with their gloriously photoshopped bodies and rugged five o'clock shadows.


Instead, it was quite an amusing one - of the boys, doing exactly what the girls had done. Pin-up. EDIT: Like this http://www.petapixel.com/2011/10/04/men-photographed-in-stereotypically-female-poses/

I can't speak for anyone else - but I wouldn't rush out to buy a calender of greased up six packs. I WOULD rush out to buy a calender of a bunch of regular guys, with regular bodies - having fun. Lying against a wall with their legs crossed above them, or straddling a chair. But then not all guys would, so the girls can get involved and do the opposite. Masculine style shoot with a comedy edge.

This is in very early stages, and it will be a 2014 calendar so there's plenty of time. I will be funding all the costs for printing, promotion, make-up and togs and all profits will go to a charity that's un-yet decided. Any suggestions feel free.

I'll be looking for both girls and guys to get involved. If we have more interest than that or if you want to take part but are nervous and would rather do it in a pair then by all means sign up. This won't be a naked calender. If you want to get naked then go for your life but it will be 'art nude' - we want a family friendly calendar! It also doesn't have to be underwear - again if you're comfortable with that go for your life. If you're not - that's fine. Most importantly you don't have to be a model/have any experience modelling/have 'model looks'. The more varied the better.

It's going to be about having fun; no one should feel nervous at any point.

Anyway; as I said - super early stages. But if anyone's interested, either in being a model or helping behind the scenes; drop me a message/leave a comment/text me. Just get in touch :)


No comments:

Post a Comment