Sunday 18 March 2012

Time for a reasonably happy blog after last week's couple which were about as cheerful as a Eulogy. 

The biggest event of the last week has probably been Jake's birthday. 23. It kinds of freaks me out when I think he was 18 when we met.  Anyway, his birthday was a fairly quiet one. A nice breakfast/lunch in the cafe down the road followed by shopping and then an evening in with a few drinks. But it was nice. Hopefully he enjoyed it; I did. My main gift to him was more art on the canvas that is his body the day before. While he went off for a day off getting inked I had a girly day with Viliam after a quick morning session and brand new 'do at Hooka. 

Shopping followed by a shoot. I'm going to do a massive shout out professional wise to Vil here because the shoot was a very last minute favour. She came down, and did my make-up without brushes. It looked fantastic. It was a shoot in my flat of an evening so no daylight and with only normal room lighting. The results of it were fantastic, so massive kudos to her for doing a job equal to and even better than some togs who have all the tools. 

The one benefit of having time off work is I can fit a lot of shoots in. I'm doing my first underwater shoot this week for Purple Magazine. I am very nervous, there's so many variables. You have to hold your breathe for 3 minutes minimum at a time. You have to keep yourself submerged and fight naturally floating upwards. You have to hold your eyes open. But the worst part, you have to concentrate on making facial expressions and poses WHILE doing all this. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited as well. I'm also doing my first body paint shoot with the lovely Darren whom I worked with last year. All in all, quite a hectic week. 

As for 'real' work. I've managed to secure myself some interviews. The first for a HR Supervisor position in Whiston. It's close to where I worked before in Huyton with a very similar job description (just a bit more money). It's a very safe option. I won't be taking a step out of my comfort zone. The second job is the other end of the spectrum - graphic design. It's a bit of a funny one. As graphic design goes I would label myself as 'okay'. I can put together a poster that's better than you're cliche WordArt fonts made in Publisher. I have reasonable skill on photoshop. But this job asked for someone with a degree; and some photoshop experience. In that respect I think it's more of a teaching job, it will be a learning curve and that's exciting - something new but also useful. Anyway, we'll see what the future holds. 


I guess the next big thing to look forward to is my birthday. It's a bit of a difficult one. I know whatever I do it won't really top last year. Thailand, a spit roast pig on the buffet, live music, cheap drinks and dancing. The only thing missing really was friends. This year it will probably just be friends around for drinks, maybe go out for food first. Which is fine. More than fine. It's lovely. I'm looking forward to it. 

Finally a little bit of promotion. This evening was spent watching the wonderful Meadowhead, Jake's new band. It's very different from the usual rock'n'roll and to be fair it's probably not everyone's genre of choice but nevertheless they manage to captivate an entire bar full of people with their folk/acoustic set. I fully recommend going down to one of their gigs, and not just 'cus I'm dating the box player!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment