Tuesday 5 July 2011

Well first things first I officially started the new job on Monday, and it’s great. The office is really nice, chilled back with good company. I actually really am enjoying it, more than I thought I would.

Truth be told I don’t even think it’s the actual work I’m doing because that’s monotonous – but I think it’s the sense of purpose it’s giving me. I know the tasks I’m doing – as dull as they are, are contributing to the team, sometimes quite significantly – I manually transferred over an entire database of employees today which is a big job. Not just the work the general, having something to get up for, granted I’m knackered but I’m not minding the early mornings because I have somewhere to go – and its definitely making me appreciate the time I do have off more – I’m using it more productively.

 It’ll make things like days off more special too, and I can appreciate time spent with Jake more since there’s already less of it. He’s working the late shift this week so when I leave for work he’s still in bed, and when he gets in, I’m getting into bed.

Unfortunately my career happiness has been overshadowed a bit by someone really disappointing me. I’m not going to go into depth and detail of the whole situation, but I just can’t stop feeling that I can put so much into a friendship – been a shoulder to cry on, been supportive completely despite my own opinions only to have it thrown back in my face and told I’m a ‘bad friend’ when I try look out for someone. Well all I can say to that is, you can call me a lot of things; I am not a perfect person and I have many flaws, but one thing I am is a damn good friend and if you’re in that selective group of people I give a shit about then you should know this. I hardly ever put myself first, and really the only person who does come first is Jake – but that’s not a “Ooh putting your boyfriend before your friends” thing. He is my best friend at the end of the day and he’s given me 100% undying support over the last 3 years so he will get that from me in return. But anyway, I’m trying not to let it get to me though and focus on the happy, jobs and all that.

This weekend should also be good. Yes I’m advertising again... but Plan 9 are playing in Blues Bar this weekend. It’s their first time at the venue and since the majority of the population of Crosby frequent Blues Bar on a Saturday night – it’s set to be a good one. I actually feature on the poster for the event this time and there’s been a few comments about this so I’d just like to verify – I wasn’t actually 100%  comfortable using myself and it was all discussed with the band before it was posted. It was used simply because the design idea is an eye-catching one and this is an important gig, eyes need to be caught. I also want to say because I make the occasional poster for the group, it doesn’t make me a designer, and I’ve never claimed that. I do because they’re brilliant and they deserve busy gigs, and busy gigs are usually busy because someone’s made the effort to promote it. If any professionals want to jump forward and volunteer then go for it – nothing would make me happier because the only thing I want for is the band’s success and better posters will probably ensure that. Also I miss that hair.


But anyway, I don’t want to finish on a negative note. So, pop down on Saturday to Blues – if you’ve seen Plan 9 before – you know it’s going to be good. And if you haven’t, all the more reason to come and get a taster.


Then the week after that, graduation, and that, I’m very, very excited. Not sure when I'll next blog but if it's after grad - lots of piccies in my gown, and hopefully at least one with Mr Brian May - fuck yeah!





No comments:

Post a Comment