Monday 7 June 2010

And how come it's so hard?

It's not always easy,
And sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, it’s always better when we're together.


Have you ever noticed how human’s strive for perfection? It’s pretty much the main goal in life to achieve perfection in all aspects. But is this really a sensible goal? I can’t really judge too much because I guess up until recently this was my ambition too. Perfection.

Thinking about it though. There’s no such thing. Even the world’s greatest lovers have tiffs. The most implacably behaved children have tantrums. The sun isn’t always shining. Infinite amounts money can’t buy everything. The cleverest man in the world still gets the answers wrong sometimes.

Perfection doesn’t exist. And honestly, thinking about it. If it did, it would be the most boring, monotonous thing ever. Anyone who disagrees with me by the way, either thinks it’s worth striving for, or think maybe you’ve achieved perfection; feel free to comment. I’m pretty curious.

The best I can hope for is happiness most of the time, but knowing it’s ok for things to go wrong sometimes. In fact sometimes its better when they do. Couples come out stronger when they get through a fight. Tantrum children learn to be extrovert. The rain helps the grass grow greener.... and getting the answer wrong means you can learn your mistake, and rectify it next time.

I guess thinking about it, as perfection goes, my life isn’t too bad. Sure I have my fair share of problems, virtually no money whatsoever. I get more than the occasional answer wrong. And unfortunately in England its nearly always raining. But in terms of people, I have some truly great ones around me, friends who mean the world to me, and a boy who I truly hope is the one I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with ... whether we have the occasional spat or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment